MANHATTAN, KS, August 15, 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. — Stop by Poyntz Avenue and enjoy the art, cuisine, music and experiences of Third Thursday! The Third Thursday season may only last through summer, but the fun is just beginning. Engaging activities will be available for both young and adult attendees, ensuring that everyone who comes will find something they enjoy.
Every Third Thursday, we bring in a variety of local artists and musicians to highlight talent found right here in the Midwest. August’s Third Thursday proudly features…
– Chinese Calligraphy demonstrations by the Confucius Institute
– A cake walk with prizes supplied by Bourbon and Baker at 6:30 p.m.
– A shaved ice truck
– A kid’s art project with Artastic
– The Gallery Trunk Show as Strecker Nelson West Gallery
– After Hours at both Tallgrass Tap House and Finn’s Neighborhood Pub
– Artists of various mediums, including henna, caricatures, painting and pottery
– Musical talent including Six Mile Creek at AJ’s, Hotel Gypsies, Paul Hunt, Honey Dew Goode, Nate Hernandez and Zerf
– Food and drink specials from Downtown restaurants
Special thanks to AJ’s New York Pizzeria for being the 2019 Presenting Sponsor of Third Thursdays and for continuing to support the arts in Downtown