At 11:44 p.m., the Manhattan Fire Department was dispatched to 421 Tuttle Creek Boulevard, Imperial Gardens, for a report of a structure fire. Upon arrival crews found a single-storycommercial structure with light smoke showing. Crews entered the structure and quickly extinguished a fire in the kitchen. The fire was contained within 10 minutes with a total of 16 firefighters responding on 6 fire apparatus.
No one was in the structure at the time of the fire. The business received an estimated loss of $1,000 to the contents and $1,000 to the structure. The owner of the property is listed Manhattan Marketplace Shopping Center LLC of Columbia, Missouri.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a build up of grease on the cooking appliance.