Posted 9 months ago
By Bobby Knight
Dateline: May 22nd, 2014
6:20 am Buzz
- In a new interview with People magazine, Elin Nordegren says she was “devastated” when she found out her husband Tiger Woods was messing around. But she’s “moved on” and she’s even happy he’s with Lindsay Vonn. She says, quote, “Our relationship is centered around our children, and we are doing really good, we really are. He is a great father. I’m happy for Tiger. In general, in any kind of stepparent relationship, I’m happy that there’s somebody else loving my children.” Elin is currently dating a coal billionaire named Chris Cline.
- Not long ago, Gwyneth Paltrow suggested that she has it tougher than the average mom, thanks to her grueling Hollywood schedule. Well, Angelina Jolie may have taken a shot at GP. Without mentioning Gwyneth by name, Angelina says, quote, “I’m in a rare position where I don’t have to do job after job. I can take time when my family needs it. I actually feel that women in my position, when we have all at our disposal to help us, shouldn’t complain.”
- Caleb Johnson beat Jena Irene Ascuitto to become your new “American Idol”. But the highlight of the night had to be Ryan Seacrest finally singing singing. He teamed up with Richard Marx to choke out a mercifully short version of “Right Here Waiting”. 05-22-14 Ryan Seacrest singing
- Tyler hubbard and Brian Kelley are featured on tonight’s edition of CMT’s “Inside Fame”. One of things they talk about is how they decided to form Florida-Georgia Line. They were students at Nashville’s Belmont University wondering what the hell to do with their lives when the light went on, kind of. Tyler explains, quote, “Me and Brian were in his Tahoe on the way to a writing session . . . stopped at McDonald’s to grab something to eat on the way. We were about to graduate or just had graduated, and we were just kinda like ‘What are we gonna do, man?’ We were both sort of like, ‘Well, we don’t have much of a plan. I like this music thing. What do you want to do with that?'” They decided to give it a couple years. They obviously made the right choice, despite the humble beginnings. Tyler adds, quote, “That’s kind of where it began . . . in the McDonald’s drive-thru, as crazy as that is.”
8:20 am Buzz
- Jennifer Lawrence may have jeopardized her standing as America’s sweetheart by telling a rape joke at the Cannes Film Festival. It wasn’t a public statement, and there’s no video record of it. Jennifer was at a party when she spotted “Gravity” director Alfonso Cuaron. Apparently, she was psyched to meet him because she screamed as she approached him. Then she told him, quote, “I broke out my rape scream for you!” The Internet has been beating Jennifer up since yesterday but she hasn’t commented yet.
- You can enter to win a trip to London to appear in the new “Star Wars” movie for a mere ten bucks. And that money is a contribution to a new charity called Star Wars: Force for Change. You can donate as much money as you want, and you get one entry for every $10 you spend. In addition to being in the movie, the winner gets a flight and hotel accommodations for two. Here’s where you can enter. And here’s J.J.’s YouTube video.
- The full title of the upcoming Batman / Superman movie has been revealed. It’s “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice”. It’s due in theaters in May of 2016. We assume “Justice” refers to the “Justice League” movie that’s coming in 2018. In addition to Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill as the title characters, the movie also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Diane Lane as Superman’s Earth mother Martha Kent, Laurence Fishburne as “Daily Planet” editor Perry White, Jeremy Irons as Batman’s butler Alfred, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Holly Hunter in a role that has yet to be revealed. Plus the new logo for the movie has been revealed.
— Batman v Superman (@BatmanvSuperman) May 21, 2014
- Hugh Jackman tells ABC that he wore a bright green sock for his nude scenes in “X-Men: Days of Future Past”. “They brought a bright green sock for me to wear and I was like, ‘This is kind of drawing more attention than less!’ And they said, ‘No, no, no, we need bright green — like a green screen, so if you bend over or turn around, we need to erase anything.’ And I said, ‘That’s even weirder right there!'” ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ opens tonight.
Extra Buzz (Online Exclusive)
- Showbiz Spy claims Mila Kunis made Ashton Kutcher sell his bachelor pad. A source tells the site: “Mila loves everything about Ashton except that house. She says the place is great, but she didn’t like thinking about the women that Ashton bedded there. She told him to make his mind – it was either her or the house. Mila told Ashton to grow up and get serious,” added the source. “She said it would be impossible to baby-proof the place, and she wanted a home that was more suitable for a family. She made it clear she wouldn’t marry Ashton if he insisted on keeping it. He didn’t want to give it up. But in the end, Ashton wants nothing more than to please Mila.”
- Hollywoodlife.com quotes “Dancing with the Stars” dancer Maksim Chmerkovsky as saying he wants kids with “DWTS” winner Meryl Davis. “I want to ravage her and have ice-skating, big, Russian, mean babies. We’re going to call them Boris and Oleg. Their nicknames are going to be Bear. Both. One nickname for both.”
- People magazine claims Andy Dick got booted from the finale of “Dancing With the Stars”. A source tells the mag: “They told him he had to go, and he said, ‘Why? Because I’m drunk?”’ A source tells Life & Style Weekly: “He got kicked out of the taping because he seemed drunk. He was kicking the chairs and making noises.”
- Channing Tatum tells GQ magazine that “Magic Mike 2″ was inspired by two stripper conventions. ”The women would come from miles and miles around. Then you lock the doors and you say all bets are off. It gets zany and crazy, and it’s a wild ride. It’s an incubator for insanity. It doesn’t matter almost what you do onstage. I don’t want to put anything in black and white on a page, but if you’ve been to one, you know how crazy it gets, and now pour kerosene on that. You’ve seen ‘Magic Mike’ — now multiply that. Mob mentality. It’s just exponentially crazier. I thought it was absolutely insane.”
- The Hollywood Reporter claims the producers of Fast and Furious 7 are using special technology to complete the film. A source tells the site: “They are finishing the film more or less as scripted, replacing Paul Walker with [computer-generated] face replacement. They have two of Paul’s brothers as well as an actor to ‘play’ Paul when needed. There is a massive amount of gear. Everything they want with Paul gets done three times over. Three [actors] times seven cameras per shot is a clusterf— of money being spent.”
- Mark Wahlberg tells Esquire that he got his GED. “I can’t tell my kids to go to school and get an education if I don’t have a diploma. They’d start thinking, ‘Why do we need to go? You didn’t go and you turned out all right.’ But I’m proud to have it. I think the most important thing is to always be involved in every aspect of their life. To give them enough trust that they can share things with you. I don’t want them to be terrified of me, you know? But I don’t want them to think they can do whatever they want and get away with it, either, because they can’t.”
- Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen are expecting their first child. There’s no word on a due date. Rachel stars on the CW series “Hart of Dixie” but you probably know her best from “The O.C.”. Hayden is best known for playing Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in the “Star Wars” prequels. They met on the set of the movie “Jumper” in 2007, and were engaged the following year. They split up for about three months in 2010.
- Mike Myers may have looked uncomfortable to be next to Kanye West when he dropped his infamous “George Bush doesn’t care about black people” line during that Hurricane Katrina telethon back in 2005 but now, he says he was, quote, “super proud [to be] next to the guy who spoke a truth.”
- Exes Jared Leto and Ashley Olsen might be hooking up. Her rep denies it. (Full Story)
- Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett named their daughter Alijah Mary. (Full Story)
- The NBA says Donald Sterling tried to pay off V. Stiviano to say his racist recordings were doctored. (Full Story)
- Meanwhile, in an interview with Dr. Phil, V. Stiviano says Sterling lied when he said they had a sexual relationship. She also denied it vehemently vehemently in an interview with “Entertainment Tonight”.
- Police think the tattoos on Aaron Hernandez’s forearm may provide clues to some of his alleged murders. (Full Story)
- Rupert Grint, who played Ron Weasley in the “Harry Potter” movies, has a song on the soundtrack to the animated flick “Postman Pat: The Movie”. It’s called “Lightning”. (Audio)